DURATION: 3 Days
RECOMENDED TIME: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 18° C to 23° C / During the night between -5°C and on the top -2°C
Vallunaraju is one of the few peaks in the Cordillera Blanca that can be climbed from Huaraz in two days. The climb is an enjoyable, moderate mountaineering adventure with great views from all aspects and sun during the climbing. Vallunaraju is suitable for both first time climbers and also experienced climbers wanting to practice various techniques, crevice rescues and ice climbing. A good peak to include at the end of your trek
DAY 1: HUARAZ – DRIVE TO LLACA VALLEY AND CLIMB UP TO VALLUNARAJU’S MORAINE CAMP (4760M)
After the breakfast in the Hotel the Guide will pick you up at 8:00 hours approximately, then you will be transferred to the East site from Huaraz to Llaca Valley, where is the starting point to hike to the Moraine Camp for about 2 hours and a half, during this hike up you will see mountains in the east site like San Juan, Ranrapalca, Ocshapalca, arriving to the camp at around 13:00hours for lunch, after lunch we will check our climbing equipments for the next day and overnight camping at (4760m).
DAY 2: MORAINE CAMP –SUMMIT – BACK TO HUARAZ
The second day we will leave at 4:00am approximately, after 4 hours. A steady and not steep path on good snow slopes towards the summit. The last 60m to the summit is steeper and the guide will help you. Walking up we will get the Summit of Vallunaraju (5686m), where we can enjoy the nice views of different mountain such as Huascarán, Tocllaraju, Copa, Ranrapalca, Ocshapalca, Huantzan, etc. after the nice views we will start Walking down for about 1 hour and a half to the Moraine Camp, arriving to the camp for lunch. After we will pack up the tents to continue walking down to the road where our transport will be waiting for us to take us back to Huaraz, arriving to Huaraz around 16:00 or 17:00hours.
OPTIONAL DAY: MORAINE CAMP – MOUNTAIN COURSE– MORAINE CAMP
If it is your first time this optional day will be perfect for you!
On the second day after the breakfast in the Moraine Camp we will start short climb over the rocks for about 25 minutes to get the glacier, where we will put our climbing gears like crampons, harness, helmet, etc. Then find nice glacier to practice some climbing rope systems, technical climbing on a 70° – 80°-degree wall 12, 15 mt. rappelling and some rescue system. then in the afternoon We will return to the Moraine Camp where we will have food and hot drink, overnight camping in the Moraine.
- Acclimatization tour to Churup lake 4450M.
- Meal (breakfast, snack, lunch, tea time, dinner)
- North face tent (04 season)
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining tent (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Mountain guide ( English spoken)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver.
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- first aid kit
- private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink
- rope, ice peaks, ice screw
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- Lost luggage
- Hotel in Huaraz and Lima
- Meals in restaurants in Huaraz and Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- Entrance fee to Huascarán National Park, s/ 150.00 soles per person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal spendings
- Personal camping and climbing equipment such as: sleeping bag, mattress, head lamp, carabiners, boots, crampons, ice axes, harness, helmet, dawn jacket, rainproof pants and jackets, snow glasses, gloves, ATC, Deysi chang, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
WE RECOMEND TO BRING
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Bottle for water
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- hiking poles