DIFFICULTY: Easy – Moderate
DURATION: 3 Days
RECOMENDED TIME: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 18° C to 20° C / During the night between -5°C and on the top -10°C
Pisco is one of the most popular mountains in Cordillera Blanca mainly for two reasons, Its location and the breathtaking view that offers from the summit. The locations among highest mountains such as Huascarán, Chopicalqui, Huandoy and Chacraraju are amazing and it offers one of the most spectacular views of The Cordillera Blanca.
Pisco is quite easy to climb and you don’t need previous experience of mountaineering if you climb with a certified mountain guide.
DAY 1: HUARAZ – CEBOLLAPAMPA 3900m – BASE CAMP 4650m / PISCO REFUGE
We will leave Huaraz early in the morning in our private bus which will transfer us till Cebollapampa (3900m) from this site we’ll start the hike up for around 3-4h to the base camp (4650m) or the Pisco Refugee. in the afternoon you are going to have a short briefing focusing on the climbing for the next day
DAY2: BASE CAMP 4650m TO THE SUMMIT 5752m. – BASE CAMP
This day we will wake-up at around midnight or 1:00 a.m. and after a very light breakfast we start ealking by the moraine for aprox 2 .5 hours then over the glacier by 4 hours. The moraine is a bit rocky but as soon we reach glacier it turns the hike lighter, after this long hike up and climb we reach the summit together with the sunrise. Pisco’s Summit offers one of the Best views in the entire Cordillera Blanca, after taking pictures for the memory we we’ll descend by the same way till get our base camp
DAY 3: BASE CAMP – CEBOLLAPAMPA
We have breakfast at 8:00 am aprox, After that we’ll walk down to Cebollapampa from where the bus takes us back to Huaraz
*optional: if you didn’t visit Lake 69, we can visit on our way down walking by a nice trail which connects to the Lake and return by the normal route.
- Acclimatization tour to Churup lake 4450M.
- Meal (breakfast, snack, lunch, tea time, dinner)
- North face tent (04 season)
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining tent (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Mountain guide ( English spoken)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver.
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- first aid kit
- private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink
- rope, ice peaks, ice screw
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- Lost luggage
- Hotel in Huaraz and Lima
- Meals in restaurants in Huaraz and Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- Entrance fee to Huascarán National Park, s/ 150.00 soles per person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal spendings
- Personal camping and climbing equipment such as: sleeping bag, mattress, head lamp, carabiners, boots, crampons, ice axes, harness, helmet, dawn jacket, rainproof pants and jackets, snow glasses, gloves, ATC, Deysi chang, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
WE RECOMEND TO BRING
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Bottle for water
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- hiking poles