ARTEZONRAJU 6025 m.s.n.m.
DIFFICULTY: Very hard
DURATION: 5 Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 14° C to 23° C During the night between -10°C and on the top -18°C
After the breakfast in the hotel you will aboard our private bus to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. passing the different districts such as: Carhuaz 2650m, Yungay 2500m, after this city, we will get the Caraz city 2250m, where you the vehicle takes a detour get the last Distrit: Cashapampa. You arrive there at around 10:00am , where the donkey driver is waiting to carry all the luggage with the donkeys. You start hiking up, after walking for 2 hours and a half you will have lunch, on the way after that you continue for 5 or 6 hours and get the first camp which is called “Llamacorral 3760m”
*3-4hours drive / 5-6 hours walk
This day you hike along the valley enjoying amazing landscapes and variety of geographical features including the beautiful turquoise lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha, following your way you get to the next campsite called Taullipampa.
*5-6 hours walk
This day after the breakfast in the Base Camp (Taullipampa) you pack your climbing gears to go up to the Camp 1 of Artesonraju, you have to hike up for about 5 – 6 hours with the help of porters. They will carry your climbing equipment until camp 1. Once you arrive there, you will have hot drinks and immediately the guide will check your climbing gears to be ready and start the climb the next morning. you have an early dinner, overnight at 4900m
*3-4 hours hike up
This day your breakfast will be very early at around 01:00 am after 30 minutes of getting ready and having breakfast you start climbing up for about 6 to 7 hours to get the summit over (6025m/19762ft), along the way up you will find ice walls from about 60 to 70 degrees, after a hard climb to get the summit you can enjoy the breathtaking view from the mountains around, such as: Piramide de Garcilaso, Caraz, Taulliraju, Pucajirca, Alpamayo, Quitaraju and many others, after that you start climbing down using rappel with the help of the guide, arriving to the moraine you can rest for some minutes and then the staff will pick up everytthing to continue going down untill Taullipampa for about 4 – 5 hours more, overnight at 4250m.
*10- 12 hours in climb and hike for this day
This day you return walking down along the hill through Santa Cruz valley enjoying the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha Lake, and passing also Llamacorral campsite till Cashapampa, where the transfer will be waiting for you to bring you back to Huaraz.
*5-6 hours walk down / 3-4 hours drive
$ 2 999.99 USD
2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS
$ 2 499.99 USD per person
4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS
$ 1 999.99 USD per person
6- 8 PARTICIPANTS
$ 1 799.99 USD per person
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo slatado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc
*vegetarian option available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- North face tent (04 season)
- kitchen tent
- dining tent
- toilet tent
- Donkey driver
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Group First aid kit
- Rope for climbing
- Snow peaks
- Ice cruise
- Kitchen utensils such as: stove, pots, dishes, cups, gas, chair, table, etc.
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves, etc)
- Huascaran National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.