DIFFICULTY: AD+ very hard- technical
DURATION: 6- 7 Days
RECOMENDED TIME: From May 15th to September 15th
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 14° C to 23° C
During the night between -10°C and on the top -18°C
Alpamayo is an amazing pyramid of ice and snow flutings, once voted to be the most beautiful mountain in the world. The climb to the summit is steep & technical, and is suitable for experienced climbers only. We advise warm-up climbs on one or two peaks beforehand. The beautiful wall of Alpamayo is about 60 degrees with a steeper last part – about 70-80 degrees.
In the itinerary there is one extra day in case of bad weather or the need to acclimatize more.
DAY 01: HUARAZ 3100M – CASHAPAMPA 2900 M – LLAMACORRAL 3760M.
After the breakfast in the hotel we will aboard in our private bus to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. passing the different districts such as: Carhuas 2650m, Yungay 2500m, after this city, we will get the Caraz city 2250m, then we will continue our travel to get the last Distrit Cashapampa arriving around 10:00am , where the Donkey Driver will be waiting for us to carry our luggage with the donkies , from here we will start hiking up, after walking 2 hours half we will have lunch, then we will continue hiking up, after hiking up for 5 or 6 hours we will get the first camp which is called “Llamacorral 3760m”
DAY 02: LLAMACORRAL – BASE CAMP ARHUAYCOCHA 4250M.
This day we will hike along the valley enjoying amazing landscapes and variety geographical features including the beautiful turquoise lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha, following our ways will continue climbing up to the Alpamayo Base Camp 4250m, Once we have arrived here we’ll set up our campsite and check our climbing gears for the next day,
DAY 03: BASE CAMP 4250M – ALPAMAYO’S MORAINE CAMP 4900M.
After the breakfast we will start climbing up for about 3 hours rocky path and get the Moraine camp located at 4900m. where you are going to enjoy from splendor views of the mountains such as Artesonraju, Paria, Pucajirca and others
DAY 04: ALPAMAYO’S MORAINE CAMP – CAMP I 5550M
After breakfast, we will climb the glacier for about 4 hours and a half, where we will put our climbing equipments to continue climbing, then we will get the camp 1 and will have dinner later afternoon and rest, overnight camping at 5550 M.
DAY 05: CAMP 1- ALPAMAYO’s SUMMIT 5952M – CAMP I
This day the breakfast will be at 2 or 3:00am in the morning, and we will start climbing using head lamps, and after 1 hour approximately walking on the snow we will get the base of the wall (French route) the inclination is approximate 60° to 70°, then we will start climbing the wall, and after 2 or 3 hours climbing we will get the summit 5952m, where you will appreciate a breathtaking scenery from the white mountain range with many different peaks. After enjoying the view for few minutes, we will descend rappelling with the help of the professional UIAGM guide, arriving to our campsite you can rest in the afternoon, overnight in the glacier at 5550m.
DAY 06: DESCEND FROM CAMP I TO BASE CAMP
After the breakfast in the Camp 1, we will take the same route to go back to the Moraine Camp, then we will continue going down to the Base Camp, arriving to the Base Camp around 3:00pm and overnight camping in the Base Camp at 4250m.
DAY 07: BASE CAMP – CASHAPAMPA – HUARAZ
Today we will come back walking down the hill along the Santa Cruz valley enjoying the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha Lake, till Cashapampa, where the van will be waiting for us to transfer us to Huaraz, for about 3 hours and a half.
- Acclimatization tour to Churup lake 4450M.
- Meal ( breakfast, snack, lunch, tea time, dinner)
- North face tent (04 season)
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining tent (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Mountain guide ( English spoken)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver.
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- first aid kit
- private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink
- rope, ice peaks, ice screw
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- Lost luggage
- Hotel in Huaraz and Lima
- Meals in restaurants in Huaraz and Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- Entrance fee to Huascarán National Park, s/ 150.00 soles per person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal spendings
- Personal camping and climbing equipment such as: sleeping bag, mattress, head lamp, carabiners, boots, crampons, ice axes, harness, helmet, dawn jacket, rainproof pants and jackets, snow glasses, gloves, ATC, Deysi chang, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
WE RECOMEND TO BRING
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Bottle for water
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- hiking poles