HUAYHUASH (CLASICO) 8 DAYS
The first day of expedition starts at 8:30 am. We depart from Huaraz and drive toward the south of Huaraz, on the way we’ll pass by many small town and we’ll appreciate different geographical features until we get the village of Cuartelhuain (4,180m), in this place you’ll meet the rest the donkey driver and the donkeys that Will carry all the gear of our expedition.
- 6 hours drive
In this day we’ll cross the first pass “Punta Cacanan” (4700m) then descend and pass by a beautiful lake named “Laguna Mitucocha” (4220m). after some pictures for your memory we’ll continue our way till cross the second pass “Carhuac” (4650m) then we descend into a greasy valley to set up the tents next to a turquoise green colored lake named Carhuacocha. This lake provides ass am impressive view of the mountains reflecting on the lake. on our way during this day you’ll have the chance to appreciate breathtaking sceneries which include beautiful and enormous mountains such as Yerupaja , Siula Grande and others.
- 6-7 hours walking
We leave early in the morning and start the hiking up to get the Carnicero pass (4600m). An impressive landscape change occurs after the pass where green alpine pastures become a dry terrain of black rocks and grey lakes. We continue our walk to the small village of Huayhuash (4,350m) where we’ll set up the tents to spend the night.
- 6-7 hours walking
We leave the Huayhuash village early in the morning and hike over the Portachuelo and Huayhuash Pass 4750m. This pass offers great views on the remote peaks such as Puscanturpa, Cuyoc and Millpo of the Cordillera Raura located to the south from the Cordillera Huayhuash. We’ll set up the tents and if you want you can soak your bodies in the natural hot pools in Viconga
- 5-6 hours walking
This day you’ll cross the highest pass of the trek which is Punta Cuyoc Pass 5,020m. fRom this pass you’ll have the opportunity to see many peaks from the Huayhuash mountain range. We continue the path descending to Huanacpatay and we’ll set up our camp
- 5-6 hours walking
This day will be an easy day through the valley downwards until reaching the village of Huayllapa 3700, then continue hiking up to a narrow valley to reach the pastures of Huatiac (4350m) setting up the campsite here.
- 4- 5 hours walking
It will be another wonderful day on which you can appreciate amazing landscapes, you’ll cross Punta Yucha Pass 4800m then descend to a beautiful lake named Jahuacocha 4150m
- 7-8 hours walking
It’s the last day of the trek so we leave early, starting with a gradual climb to our final pass Pampa Llamac (4300m) then it is a long descent back to Llamac. 5 ½ hours. In Llamac the bus will be waiting to take us back to Huaraz for hot showers!!
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 1 999.99|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1799.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1199.99 per person|
|6 – 10 PARTICIPANTS||$ 650.00 per person|
- 3 Meals per day
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo slatado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc
*vegetarian options available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Tea time: different hot drinks such as coffee, tea, milk, chocolate + crackers, popcorn, pizza and Tequeños.
- Sleeping tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks, boxes, cooler for the meat, etc.
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport (if it’s only 3 or 4 people, we us public transport until Pocpa village)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Meals in restaurants
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking gear
- Entrance Fee (220 soles approximately)
- First day breakfast
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.