INKA TRAIL TREK 4 DAYS
AUSANGATE – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK
MAXIMUN ALTITUDE : 4.600 m
DURATION : 4 Days/3nights
SEASON : throughout the year
We pick you up from the hotel in Cusco very early and transport you by road until Chilca 82 km away. In this place we will get in touch with porters, cooks and necessary equipment for the excursion. We will start the walk along the Urubamba River to reach Patallaqta, where we will have lunch. We continue our journey crossing the Valley of Huayllabamba to reach Llullucayoc, where we will camp and have a nice dinner and then overnight.
After breakfast we will continue our walk until we reach the highest point of the «WARMIWUAÑUSCA» at 4200 m.a.s.l from where we will have a panoramic view of the snowy mountains, valleys and surrounding mountains.
We will continue with the descent to the great valley of «PACAYMAYO», where we will have the service of hot drinks (mates); Then we’ll have dinner and finally overnight.
Breakfast early in the morning then we leaft the campsite ascending towards Runcuracay archaeological zone at 3,700 m.s.n.m. We continue then to Sayacmarka where we will rest and have lunch. Then we continue our walk to PUYUPATAMARCA (City above the Clouds), impressive Inca City. We continue through Wiñaywayna at 2,690 m.s. Located in the jungle where we will have dinner and camp.
After breakfast we will continue to the wonderful entrance of Machu Picchu through the Inti Punku (Sun’s door) from where you have an impressive panoramic view of the citadel. Upon arrival to Machu Picchu, we will take a guided tour of the citadel, visiting the main remains and monuments, such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Rooms, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. Free time to walk through the citadel to be transferred by bus to Aguas Calientes and start walking for about 3 hours to Hydroelectrical where our transport awaits to move us to Cusco.
4 – 6
7 – 11
12 – 16
- Bus transport the begining of the trekk.
- (kitchen tens, dining tents, toilet tents)
- All the fod during the expedition.
- Oficial guide
- Entrance fee to MAchupicchu
- Bus ticket to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket to return to Cusco
- Transfers from the Ollanta station – Cusco.
- Extra drinks for breakfast
- Phone calls
- Sleeping bags.
- Income for other days
- Personal porter to carry your personal things
- Other costs and expenses that are not described.
You must take:
- Confortable clothes for the trek
- Treking gear
- Caps or hats to protect from the sun
- Rainproof gear
- Treking boots and another light sneaker for after the trek
- Personal towels
- Sunglasses, extra bateries, suncream
- Walking stick
- Personal medications