ISHINCA – URUS – TOCLLARAJU
ISHINCA 5530 m.s.n.m.
URUS 5495 m.s.n.m.
TOCLLARAJU 6032 m.s.n.m.
DIFFICULTY: Isinca & Urus = Medium / Tocllaraju = hard
DURATION: 6 Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 14° C to 20° C During the night between -15°C and on the top -25°C
Drive 1½ hours from Huaraz to the village of either Pashpa or Collon. Then walk up by Ishinca valley on a gently rising path to our base camp 4350m. at the head of the valley.
* Driving time: 1½ hours / walking time: 4- 5 hours
Climb Urus east face. A steep climb directly up a ridge and across large moraine rocks until we reach the ice. Climb on snow and ice for one hour, and then the last half hour to the summit is an easier rock climb, although in some years might be deep snow all the way to the summit. A steep descent back down to the base camp. 6 to 7 hours
*Climbing time: 6- 7 Hours
Climb Ishinca. A steady climb initially on a good path and then on loose rock and large moraine rock until we reach the ice. The climb is usually not very steep apart from the final 20 meters to the summit. In some years depending on the condition of the glacier there can be some short steep sections or hard ice, but we will help you with this. Return the same way to Base Camp. 10 to 11 hours depending on fitness.
*Climbing time: 10 -1 hours
Climb from moraine to High Camp Tocllaraju on a flat area in the moraine at 5300m. 3½ to 4 hours.
*Climbing time: 3 -4 hours
Climb to the summit of Tocllaraju. There are long sections of easy climbing mixed with steep and sometimes technical climbing. Retun back to Base Camp in Ishinca Valley.
*descent: 10 – 12 hours hours
Walk down the Ishinca Valley to Pashpa and return to Huaraz.
*descent:3 hours (descent) / 2-3 hours drive back to Huaraz
$ 1 999.99 USD
2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS
$ 1 699.99 USD per person
4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS
$ 1 399.99 USD per person
6- 8 PARTICIPANTS
$ 1 199.99 USD per person
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- North face tent (04 season)
- kitchen tent
- dining tent
- toilet tent
- Donkey driver
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Group First aid kit
- Rope for climbing
- Snow peaks
- Ice cruise
- Kitchen utensils such as: stove, pots, dishes, cups, gas, chair, table, etc.
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves, etc)
- Huascaran National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.