ALPAMAYO 5950 m.s.n.m.
DIFFICULTY: Very hard/ technical
DURATION: 6- Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 14° C to 23° C During the night between -10°C and on the top -18°C
DAY 01: HUARAZ 3100M – CASHAPAMPA 2900 M – LLAMACORRAL 3760M.
After the breakfast in the hotel you will aboard our private bus to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. passing the different districts such as: Carhuaz 2650m, Yungay 2500m, after this city, we will get the Caraz city 2250m, then we will continue on our way to get the last Distrit: Cashapampa arriving there at around 10:00am , where the Donkey Driver will be waiting for us to carry our luggage with the donkeys , from here we will start hiking up, after walking for 2 hours and a half we will have lunch, on the way after that we will continue hiking up, for 5 or 6 hours and we’ll get the first camp which is called “Llamacorral 3760m”
*3-4hours drive / 5-6 hours walk
DAY 02: LLAMACORRAL – BASE CAMP – ARHUAYCOCHA 4250M.
This day you hike along the valley enjoying amazing landscapes and variety of geographical features including the beautiful turquoise lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha, following on the way you’ll get the Base Camp 4250m, once there, the staff set up the campsite and the cook prepares fresh food for dinner.
*4-5 hours walk
DAY 03: BASE CAMP 4250M – ALPAMAYO’S MORAINE CAMP 4900M.
After the breakfast you start hiking up for about 3 hours through rocky path and get the Moraine camp located at 4900m. where you are going to enjoy from splendor view of the mountains such as Artesonraju, Paria, Pucajirca and others.
*2-3 hours hike up
DAY 04: ALPAMAYO’S MORAINE CAMP – CAMP I 5550M
After breakfast, walk through the glacier for about 3 hours and a half, in this point there are 2 walls from 40° to 60° the first one is 30 meters and the second is 50 meters, so here you have to climb in rope up using your technical ice axe. Then you finally arrive to camp 1 and have dinner later afternoon and rest to be ready for the next day
*3-4 hours hike up
DAY 05: CAMP 1- ALPAMAYO’S SUMMIT 5952M –BASE CAMP
This day the breakfast will be at 2 or 3:00am in the morning, and you will start climbing using head lamps, and after approximately 1 hour walking on the snow you get the base of the wall (French route) the inclination is approximately 60° to 70°, as soon as you get there you start climbing the wall, and after 2 or 3 hours climbing you get the summit 5952m, from it you can appreciate a breathtaking scenery from the white mountain range with many different peaks. After enjoying the view for few minutes, you climb down (rappelling) with the help of the professional UIAGM guide, passing the moraine camp until base camp where you stop to spend the night
*10-12 hours climbing
DAY 06: BASE CAMP – CASHAPAMPA – HUARAZ
This day you go back to Huaraz walking down the hill along the Santa Cruz valley enjoying on the way back the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha Lake again, till get Cashapampa, where the vehicle awaits to bring you back to Huaraz
*5-6 hours walk down / 3- 4 hours’ drive
SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 2 999.99 USD|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 2 499.99 USD per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1 999.99 USD per person|
|6- 8 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1 799.99 USD per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo slatado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc
*vegetarian option available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- North face tent (04 season)
- kitchen tent
- dining tent
- toilet tent
- Donkey driver
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Group First aid kit
- Rope for climbing
- Snow peaks
- Ice cruise
- Kitchen utensils such as: stove, pots, dishes, cups, gas, chair, table, etc.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves, etc)
- Huascaran National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Bank Transaction fee
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.