HUASCARAN 6768 m.s.n.m.
DURATION: 6 Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 14°C to 23° C During the night between -10°C and on the top -18°C
DAY 1: HUARAZ 3100M – MANCOS VILLAGE 2500M – MUSHO VILLAGE 3000M – HUASCARAN’S BASE CAMP 4200M
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. Toward the north side of Callejon de Huaylas until Mancos at 2500m, where the vehicle takes a detour and drive on dirt road until reach Musho village, where the donkey driver is awaiting with his donkeys to transport the climbing gear until the base camp at 4200m.
* Driving time: 2 hours / walking time: 4- 5 hours
DAY 2: FROM HUASCARAN’S BASE CAMP 4200M TO CAMP 1 (5350M).
This breakfast will be at 8:00 am, after that you have to put on your climbing gear, to start walking up on rocky section crossing the moraine camp located at 4850m, continuing the way through rocky path until reach the glacier edge, then you have to traverse the glacier to reach the camp 1 at 5350m. where the campsite will be set up for our staff.
*Climbing time: 5- 6 Hours
DAY 3: FROM CAMP 1 5350 M TO CAMP 2 (6000M).
After breakfast, start climbing up toward the Col passing on the way up by a little bit dangerous avalanche site until reach the Col in the middle of the 2 peaks, in the afternoon you can enjoy one of the most impressive sunsets in the whole Cordillera Blanca. Overnight camp at Huascaran second high camp.
*Climbing time: 4 Hours
DAY 4: FROM CAMP 2 (6000M) – HUASCARAN SUMMIT (6768M SOUTHSIDE) – DESCENT TO CAMP 2
This day breakfast will be at midnight then you start climbing on switchbacks with some steep and slope sections, after 7 hours climbing up you reach the Southside summit at 6768m, from the summit you can appreciate a breathtaking view to the cordillera Blanca, then you descend on the same route rappelling at difficult parts until get the campsite.
*Climbing time: 10- 12 hours (ascent & descent).
DAY 5: FROM CAMP 2 TO BASE CAMP
This day you will get up early to pick up our tents and all the equipment to start descending until the base camp, during our descend we have to be careful because there are some parts which are dangerous because of the seracs, our guide will tell you which route to follow and how to descend. You will get to the base camp at around 8- 9 am. Once here you’ll have breakfast and spend the rest of the day lying down to recover energy.
*descent:5 hours (descent).
DAY 6: DESCENT FROM BASE CAMP TO MUSHO – HUARAZ
You’ll have breakfast at 7:00 am then you get ready to continue the way down by the same path until Musho where our private vehicle will be waiting to bring you back to Huaraz city.
*descent:3 hours (descent) / 2-3 hours drive back to Huaraz.
SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 2 999.99 USD|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 2 499.99 USD per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1 999.99 USD per person|
|6- 8 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1 799.99 USD per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, snack and Dinner)
Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- North face tent (04 season)
- kitchen tent
- toilet tent
- Donkey driver
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Group First aid kit
- Rope for climbing
- Snow peaks
- Ice cruise
- Kitchen utensils such as: stove, pots, dishes, cups, gas, chair, table, etc.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves, etc)
- Huascaran National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.