SANTA CRUZ ( MINI TREK)
Day 1: HUARAZ 3100– VAQUERIA 2900 – TSAQUICOCHA LAKE 4500
We Huaraz leave very early at around 4:00 am, we go toward Yungay city, place where we’ll take a detour to the east part of the city crossing some small villages until get the entrance to the National Park where we’ll stop for a bit in order to pay and get the tickets, continuing with our trip we’ll pass by the famous twin lakes knows as “Llanganuco Lakes” place where we’ll make a short stop to take pictures. Then we’ll continue our journey and we’ll get Vaqueria, place where we’ll meet the donkey driver. From this place we’ll start our hike through a narrow path hiking up and passing small villages to get to our first campsite in Tsaquicocha lake 4500m.
* 4 hours drive / 5- 6 hours hike
Day 2: TSAQUICOCHA LAKE4500 – ALPAMAYO BASE CAMP 4350
On the second day we will hike up though slipper rocks for about an hour and a half to get the the highest point of the trek called Punta union at 4750m where we’ll stop for a bit to take pictures of the breathtaking view from the mountains such as: Taulliraju, Artesonraju, Pucaraju and others we also could appreciate Taulliraju lake at the bottom of the mountains. Then we’ll descend until Taullipampa passing it and hiking up for 2 hours more till Alpamayo base camp place where we’ll set up our tents. Once we have arrived here, we’ll hike for 30 minutes to visit Arhuaycocha lake, then return to our campsite, from this place we’ll have a better view from the mountain chains and we could see Alpamayo mountain (once voted as the most beautiful mountin in the world), Quitaraju and just right across from us the Artesonraju (the paramout mouintain)
*5-6 hours hike
Day 3: ALPAMAYO BASE CAMP 4350 – CASHAPAMPA 2850 – HUARAZ 3100
On the third day we will descend by the Santa Cruz valley passing Hatuncocha Lake and the famous Llamacorral campsite and finally getting to Cashapampa where our private van will be waiting to take us back to Huaraz.
*5-6 hours hike / 3- 4 hours’ drive
PRIVATE SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 999.99|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 649.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 449.99 per person|
|6- 8 PARTICIPANTS||$ 349.99 per person|
OPEN GROUP SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|5 – 10 PARTICIPANTS||$ 269.99 per person|
|11- 15 PARTICIPANTS||$ 229.99 per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo slatado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc
*vegetarian options available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Tea time: different hot drinks such as coffee, tea, milk, chocolate + crackers, popcorn, pizza and Tequeños.
- Sleeping tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks, boxes, cooler for the meat, etc.
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Meals in restaurants
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking gear
- Entrance Fee to Huascaran National Park (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.