SANTA CRUZ – ULTA
DAY 1: HUARAZ 3100 – CASHAPAMPA 2850 – LLAMACORRAL 3760
Pick up from your hotel and transfer in bus to Cashapampa 2850m. Place where we’ll meet the donkey driver. From here we’ll start the hike. Then we start the trekking among typical Andean trees and we walk through Santa Cruz valley to get to Llamacorral campsite 3760m.
* 3 hours drive / 4-5 hours hike
DAY 2: LLAMACORRAL 3760 – TAULLIPAMPA 4200
After breakfast we start hiking, continuing through Santa Cruz valley visiting on the way lakes such as Ichiq cocha and Hatun cocha, (small and big lakes respectively); while we walk we have nice views of snow covered peaks and the Andean flora. We get to Taullipampa 4200 m after to 5 hours walk approximately, place whre will set our camp.
* 4-5 hours hike
DAY 3: TAULLIPAMPA 4200 – PUNTA UNION PASS 4750 – PARIA 3850
After breakfast we start hiking up for about 2 to 3 hours to get the highest pass of the trek, Punta Union 4750m,from here we can see the mounts such as: Taulliraju, Rinrihirka, Paria, Etc. After a short rest here we continue our way down to Paria valley 3850m, place where we will set our camp.
* 6-7 hours hike
DAY 4: PARIA 3850 – COLCABAMBA 2700 – KESHU VALLEY (MOLINOPAMPA) 3600
After breakfast we start walking down for around 2.5 hours to Colcabamba 2700 visiting in the route the Huaripampa village; fromColcabamba we hike up untill Keshu valley visiting on the way Chalhua village, we will also meet with local Quechua residents, the opportunities to take photos of their activities as well as of their farms are many, we walk up for 3 hours more to get Molinopampa 3600m, place where we will set up our camp.
* 4-5 hours hike
DAY 5: MOLINOPAMPA 3600 – AVALANCHA 4500.
From Molinopampa we head to Avalancha 4500m, the trail is between crops and grasslands of the inhabitants of this part of the Cordillera in the Keshu valley, we always walk this day having the view in front of Contrahierbas mount, later we reach the camp located below Contrahierbas mount, after walking 5 hours approximately.
* 5 hours hike
DAY 6: AVALANCHA 4500 – YANAYACU PASS 4830- ULTA VALLEY 4300 – HUARAZ 3100
This day we have breakfast early and then we start our hike to Yanayacu pass 4830m. the last and highest point of the circuit, where we arrive after of 3.5 hours, this is a lookout point, from where snowy covered peaks can be seen such as: Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Contrahierbas, Ulta among others. After a break and corresponding photos, we descend into the Ulta valley 4300m where we arrive after 3 hours more, where a private car will be waiting to take us to Huaraz.
* 3- 4 hours hike
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 1 499.99|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 899.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 699.99 per person|
|6- 8 PARTICIPANTS||$ 599.99 per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo slatado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc
*vegetarian options available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Tea time: different hot drinks such as coffee, tea, milk, chocolate + crackers, popcorn, pizza and Tequeños.
- Sleeping tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks, boxes, cooler for the meat, etc.
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Meals in restaurants
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking gear
- Entrance Fee to Huascaran National Park (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.