VALLUNARAJU 5686 m.s.n.m.
DURATION: 2 Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 18° C to 23° C During the night between -5°C and on the top -2°C
DAY 1: HUARAZ 3100m. – DRIVE TO LLACA VALLEY AND CLIMB UP TO VALLUNARAJU’S MORAINE CAMP 4900m.
After the breakfast in the Hotel the Guide will pick you up at 8:00 am approximately, then you will be transferred to the East site from Huaraz to Llaca Valley, where is the starting point to hike the Moraine Camp for about 2 hours and a half, during this hike up you will see mountains in the east site like San Juan, Ranrapalca, Ocshapalca, arriving to the camp at around 13:00hours for lunch, after lunch we will check our climbing equipments for the next day and overnight camping at (4760m).
*2 ½ – 3 hours drive / 3 hours hike up
DAY 2: MORAINE CAMP 4900m. –SUMMIT 5686 – BACK TO HUARAZ 3100
The second day you leave at 4:00am approximately, after 4 hours. A steady and not steep path on good snow slopes towards the summit. The last 60m to the summit is steeper and the guide will help you. going up you get the Summit of Vallunaraju (5686m), From its top you can enjoy the nice views of different mountains such as Huascarán, Tocllaraju, Copa, Ranrapalca, Ocshapalca, Huantzan, etc. after it you start Walking down for about 1 hour and a half to the Moraine Camp, arriving to the camp for lunch. After our staff will pick up the tents to continue walking down to the road where our transport will be waiting to bring you back to Huaraz, arriving at around 16:00 or 17:00hours.
*8 hours walking this day / 2- hours drive
SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 799.99 per person|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 599.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 499.99 per person|
|6- 8 PARTICIPANTS||$ 449.99 per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
*vegetarian options available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- North face tent (04 season)
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Group First aid kit
- Rope for climbing
- Snow peaks
- Ice cruise
- Kitchen utensils such as: stove, pots, dishes, cups, gas, etc
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves)
- Huascaran National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.