RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK
HIKING DISTANCE :
MAXIMUN ALTITUDE :
DURATION : 2 Days/1night
SEASON : throughout the year
This day we will start with a pick-up from your hotel in Cusco at 3:30 am, we will board our transport and after 3 hours journey, we will stop at a restaurant in one of the small villages along the way, to have a delicious local breakfast . The road crosses canyons and deep valleys before reaching Quesoyuno 4,435 meters above sea level. From where we start with our walk to Ausangate lake 4,530 meters above sea level. The easy and light hike will take us approx. 3 hours the road and on the surroundings we will be able to appreciate several local shepherds, extensive pampas and hundreds of alpacas, once we arrive at the lake, where we will be able to enjoy and the natural beauty of the place; later we will return to our camp approx. 2:30 we will spend the night in our tents.
A wonderful and expected day, we will have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning, we will start enjoying a coca tea for the cold in our tents, and then we will serve a consistent breakfast to have a lot of strengths for the exciting day that awaits us, We will make our last ascent to the Rainbow Mountain located at more than 5000 meters above sea level. Approx. above sea level. From where we will have 360 degree views of the surrounding landscapes and the Apu Ausangate, we will have enough time to appreciate the scenic beauty, then descend to Quesoyuno for lunch and return to Cusco for 3 hours. 6:00 in your hotel.
- Pick up from hotel.·
- Tourist transport round trip.·
- Professional guide in English language.·
- Cook, kitchen assistant.·
- Entrance ticket·
- Arriero – horse assistant.·
- Charging horse, emergency horse.·
- Tent bi personal mountain, dining tent, kitchen tent, bathroom tent + (chemical toilet), mattresses 2 (foam + inflatable), tables and chairs.·
- First aid kit and oxygen ball.·
- Communication radios.·
- Complete feeding during the expedition.
- First day breakfast.
- Last day dinner.
- Sleeping bag 10 ° below zero.
- The unspecified.
You must take:
- ·Comfortable clothes for the trip.·
- Shorts – hirts, jacket, sweater, pants.·
- Wool caps (chullo), gloves, scarf.·
- Waterproof jacket, small backpack and rain cover.·
- Good walking shoes – after the walk other shoes (sandals).·
- Personal towel·
- Mineral water.·
- Lenses, flashlight, batteries, book, notebook and pen.·
- Binoculars, Walking stick, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, purifying tablets (optional)·
- Personal medicine