SANTA CRUZ (CLASICO)
We leave by private bus from Huaraz at around 6:00. The road follows the river Rio Santa and passes several villages before arriving in the village of Vaqueria. The drive includes crossing the famous twin lakes of Llanganuco, Portachuelo Pass, the highest point of the trip by car (4,767m). From here, we have one of the best views to observe the highest mountains of Cordillera Blanca. After our arrival at Vaqueria we load the donkeys with everything, except what you wish to carry in your small day pack. Once on the trail we pass through the small villages of Huaripampa valley. We will hike an easy 04 hours to our first camp Paria 3850.
* 4 hours drive / 4-5 hours walk
We wake you up with hot tea in your tent and we will have breakfast ready for around 6:30. We pack the tents while you eat and after breakfast the group will walk about five hours before reaching the highest point in this trek. The trail starts ascending towards Punta Union pass at 4,750 m. This old trail was heavily used in pre-Columbian and colonial times as a route for transporting goods from the eastern side of the Andes to the main valley. As we approach the pass, you will enjoy amazing panoramic views down the Santa Cruz Valley to the west, and views of the Huaripampa Valley to the east. The peaks of Santa Cruz surrounded by Andean vegetation of Quenual, the snow-capped peaks of Paria and Taulliraju, Artesonraju and Huaripampa will all come into view. We will see Taulliraju looming above us and on the other side its glacial lake. From this high point, it’s possible to see the all of Santa Cruz Canyon, Artesonraju, Taulliraju, Rinrihircas, Chacraraju, Chopicalqui and Pucajirca. After taking a short break and Lunch we will keep walking down for 02 more hours until our next camp at Taullipampa 4200.
After your morning tea (or coffee) and, breakfast. We pack the tents while you eat and after breakfast, the group will walk by a shortcut to alpamayo’s base camp and visit the Lake Arhuaycocha at 4,480 mt. famous because it boasts one of the most spectacular views within the entire Cordillera Blanca. about 03 hours return before reaching the valley santa cruz again and walk to our last camp in the way you will see the lake Jatun cocha and Ichic cocha where so many ducks and Huachuas are enjoying freedom then about one more hour we will get to the next camp site Llamacorral where our camp will be already set. During the trek, you can appreciate the following mountains: Santa Cruz, Quitaraju, Artesonraju, Alpamayo, Taulliraju and Rinrijircas.
*4-5 hours hike
This is our last day inside the Huascaran National Park. After our breakfast, we will trek downhill to the town of Cashapampa which takes approximately 3 hours. As we descend, you will be able to notice a steady change in vegetation as we follow the river to Cashapampa whre or bus will be waiting to take us back to Huaraz.
*3-4 hours hike / 3 hours drive
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 1199.99|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 749.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 599.99 per person|
|6 – 10 PARTICIPANTS||$ 300.00 per person|
- 3 Meals per day
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo slatado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc
*vegetarian options available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Tea time: different hot drinks such as coffee, tea, milk, chocolate + crackers, popcorn, pizza and Tequeños.
- Sleeping tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks, boxes, cooler for the meat, etc.
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Meals in restaurants
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking gear
- Entrance Fee to Huascaran National Park (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.