HUAYHUASH (TRAPECIO PASS) 8 DAYS
Day 1: HUARAZ(3100mt) – CUARTELHUAIN(4180mt)
The first day of expedition starts at 8:30 am. We depart from Huaraz and drive toward the south of Huaraz, on the way we’ll pass by many small town and we’ll appreciate different geographical features until we get the village of Cuartelhuain (4,180m), in this place you’ll meet the rest the donkey driver and the donkeys that Will carry all the gear of our expedition.
5 to 6 hours drive
Day 2: CUARTELHUAIN(4180mt)-PASS CACANANPUNTA(4,700mt) -PASS CARHUAC84650mt)-LAGUNA CARHUACOCHA(4,140mt)
In this day we’ll cross the first pass “Punta Cacanan” (4700m) then descend and pass by a beautiful lake named “Laguna Mitucocha” (4220m). after some pictures for your memory we’ll continue our way till cross the second pass “Carhuac” (4650m) then we descend into a greasy valley to set up the tents next to a turquoise green colored lake named Carhuacocha. This lake provides us an impressive view of the mountains reflecting on the lake. on our way during this day you’ll have the chance to appreciate breathtaking sceneries wich include beautiful and enormous mountains such as Yerupaja , Siula Grande and others.
- 6-7 hours walking
Day 3: CARHUACOCHA LAKE(4,140mt) –SIULA- PASS CARNICERO4,600mt)– HUAYHUASH CAMP(4,350mt)
We leave early in the morning and start the hiking up to get the Carnicero pass (4600m). An impressive landscape change occurs after the pass where green alpine pastures become a dry terrain of black rocks and grey lakes. We continue our walk to the small village of Huayhuash (4,350m) where we’ll set up the tents to spend the night.
- 6-7 hours walking
Day 4: HUAYHUASH(4,350mt)- PASS TRAPECIO (5 050 mt) – CUYOC (4400 mt)
We leave the Huayhuash village early in the morning and hike up toward Trapecio pass with an optional 40 extra minutes of hiking to reach the glacier then descend having the chance to appreciate 5 beautiful lakes to reach Cuyoc campasite at 4,400m. It is also optional to hike 2 hours from the campsite to San Antonio pass at 5,100m
- 5-6 hours walking
Day 5: CUYOC (4400 mt) – HUAYLLAPA (3,487mt)
Today will be one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the Huayhuash trek, the Santa Rosa pass. Here Suila Grande can be seen (mountain made famous by the book and movie Touching the Void). 19km of walking. The campsite is in the village of Huayllapa at 3,487m.
- 5-6 hours walking
Day 6: HUAYLLAPA (3,487mt) – GASHPA (m)
The day will start early to walk 4-5 hours up to Tapush Pass at 4,800m. There will be a lunch stop on or before the pass before continuing to the campsite at 4,400m. 13 km and 7 hours of walking.
- 4- 5 hours walking
Day 7: GASHPA (4350m)– LAGUNA JAHUACOCHA ( 4150mt)
It will be another wonderful day on which you can appreciate amazing landscapes, you’ll cross Punta Yucha Pass 4800m then descend to a beautiful lake named Jahuacocha 4150m
- 7-8 hours walking
Day 8: LAGUNA JAHUACOCHA(4,150mt) – PASS PAMPA LLAMAC(4,300mt) – LLAMAC(4,300)-HUARAZ(3100mt)
It’s the last day of the trek so we leave early, starting with a gradual climb to our final pass Pampa Llamac (4300m) then it is a long descent back to Llamac. 5 ½ hours. In Llamac the bus will be waiting to take us back to Huaraz for hot showers!!
PRIVATE SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 1 999.99|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1799.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1199.99 per person|
OPEN GROUP SERVICE COST PER PERSON (IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|6 – 10 PARTICIPANTS||$ 699.99 per person|
|11- 15 PARTICIPANTS||$ 649.99 per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day
Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.
Lunch: vegetable salad, noodle salad, Russian salad with rice, etc.
Dinner: soups: noodle soup, chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, etc.)
Main courses: Spaghetti, Lomo saltado, chicharron de pollo, trout, beef, etc.)
Dessert: Jelly, pudding, milky maize pudding, etc.
*vegetarian options available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Tea time: different hot drinks such as coffee, tea, milk, chocolate + crackers, popcorn, pizza and Tequeños.
- Sleeping tent
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks, boxes, cooler for the meat, etc.
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport (if it’s only 3 or 4 people, we us public transport until Pocpa village)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Meals in restaurants
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking gear
- Entrance Fee (220 soles approximately)
- First day breakfast
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.