PISCO – YANAPACHA
DURATION: 4 Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 18° C to 20° C During the night between -5°C and on the top -10°C.
DAY 1: HUARAZ – CEBOLLAPAMPA 3900m – PISCO REFUGE 4680m.
You will leave Huaraz early in the morning in our private vehicle which will transfer you till Cebollapampa (3900m) from this site you’ll start the hike up for around 3-4hours to the base camp (4650m) or the Pisco Refugee. in the afternoon you are going to have a short briefing focusing on the climbing for the next day
*3 hours drive / 2-3 hours hike up
DAY 2: PISCO REFUGE 4680m.– PISCO’S SIMMIT 5752m. – PISCO REFUGE 4680m.
This day you must wake-up at around midnight or 1:00 a.m. and after a very light breakfast start walking by the moraine for approximately 2 .5 hours then over the glacier by 4 hours. The moraine is a bit rocky but as soon you reach the glacier the hike turns lighter, after this long hike up and climb you reach the summit together with the sunrise. Pisco’s Summit offers one of the Best views in the entire Cordillera Blanca, after taking pictures for the memory you descend by the same way till the base camp.
*10-12 hours climbing
DAY 3: PISCO REFUGE 4680m.- YANAPACCHA’S MORRAINE CAMP 4800m.
Breakfast early in the morning and then walk down until Cebollapampa where you take a car to go up until a place called “Km 42” the trip in car will last approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Once you get out of the car start hiking up toward Yanapacha’s moraine camp appreciating many majestic mountains and a beautiful landscape on your way.
* 2 hours walk down + 2-3 hours hike up till Yanapacha’s moraine camp
DAY 4: YANAPACCHA’S MORRAINE CAMP 4800m. – SUMMIT 5460m, RETURN TO HUARAZ 3100m.
The initial ascent onto the glacier is usually a short steep ice climb & then there is more gentle terrain on the glacier. You have to negotiate crevasse fields to arrive at the west face of Yanapaccha which you climb to the summit. The last 200m to reach the summit is steep 65 deg. About 3 to 4 rappels are required during the descent. Return back to Morena Camp & then walk back the same path back to the road where our private vehicle will be waiting to bring you back to Huaraz.
*5 hours climb up & down + 2 hours walk down / 4 hours drive to Huaraz
SERVICE COST PER PERSON ( IN AMERICAN DOLLARS)
|1 PARTICIPANT||$ 1 599.99 per person|
|2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS||$ 1 299.99 per person|
|4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS||$ 999.99 per person|
|6- 8 PARTICIPANTS||$ 749.99 per person|
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
*vegetarian option available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- REFUGE PERU
- Donkey driver
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves)
- National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.