YANAPACHA 5460 m.s.n.m.
DURATION: 2 Days
SEASON: From May to September
LOCATION: Cordillera Blanca
AVARAGE TEMPERATURE: During the day between 18° C to 20° C During the night between -5°C and on the top -10°C
Drive from Huaraz to Cebollapampa 3850m, getting through the famous twin lakes of Llanganuco and then continuing up to a hairpin bend in the road called the “Curva” at 4580m. From here the hike to Yanapaccha’s Morena Camp starts and it lasts about 3 to 3 ½ hours.
*3 -4 hours drive / 2 -3 hours hike up.
The initial ascent onto the glacier is usually a short steep ice climb & then there is more gentle terrain on the glacier. You have to negotiate crevasse fields to arrive at the west face of Yanapaccha which you climb to the summit. The last 200m to reach the summit is steep 65 deg. About 3 to 4 rappels are required during the descent. Return back to Morena Camp & then walk back the same path back to the road where our private vehicle will be waiting to bring you back to Huaraz
*5 hours climb up & down + 2 hours walk down / 4 hours drive to Huaraz
$ 899.99 per person
2 – 3 PARTICIPANTS
$ 649.99 per person
4 – 5 PARTICIPANTS
$ 599.99 per person
6- 8 PARTICIPANTS
$ 549.99 per person
- 3 Meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
*vegetarian option available
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweet drinks.
- Certificated UIAGM mountain guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- North face tent (04 season)
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Group First aid kit
- Private transport
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- International flights to Lima / Peru
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- health insurance and travel accidents
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz and Huaraz – Lima
- transaction fee not included in total
- lost luggage
- Not mentioned food (restaurants in Huaraz and Lima) and beverages
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, crampons, boots, harness, carabiners, ice axes, helmet, head lamp, gloves)
- Huascaran National Park entrance fee (150 soles)
- First day breakfast
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber and thermal shirts
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack 35 – 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.